Friday, April 18, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Earthquakes, Oh My!

It's been a really strange week here in Chicago. It started with reports of a large wild cougar roaming the city. The police ended up killing it in the neighborhood just south of ours. Apparently it was on the attack. Then, about 4:30 this morning, we awake to our closet doors rattling around and our bed shaking. John suggested it was a ghost, so I spent the rest of the morning wondering how in the heck we were ever going to be able to sell our condo with it being haunted and all. It turns out all that rumbling was an earthquake! Who knew we had earthquakes in Chicago? The true quake hit West Salem in southern Illinois, so we only had vibrations stemming from that. However, the earthquake was a 5.6 on the Richter Scale. None of my co-workers felt the quake, but the ladies in my office are convinced it's the second coming. Ha!

I hope the earthquake was the end of the strangeness that has been going on this week. Otherwise, I'm nervous for what's next!

1 comment:

Mandy @ mintnclandycreate said...

Yikes! That's all I've got. But seriously, Yikes!