Saturday, November 15, 2008

Vinyl's Back, Baby!

Hi folks, John here! My boss has been promising me a turntable for about a year, and he finally came through! As an early holiday present, I got a sweet Pro-Ject Debut III turntable, a Bellari Tube Phono Amp, and some calibration tools. Got to get the setup right! I've been collecting records ever since I started at Music Direct over a year ago (half price, baby), and now I can play them at home! I have a mix of new releases and neat vintage ones from the 50's, 60's and later. It's a little bit of a downgrade playing them on a $400 table instead of a $20,000 one at work, but it still sounds awesome. There is a used record store in our hood, too! Megan's even excited about it. Before, she didn't think it would fit in our already crowded condo. It's on the floor for now, and my boss would kill me if he saw it there. We sell $3,000 racks at work, but I'll be holding off on that for now I think.

Here's the duo.


Artsy, eh?




The signal from the needle is so small that you need a preamp to get it ready to go into the receiver. This model is cool because it's affordable and uses a tube, keeping the warm analog sound!


And a neat photo of my palm just for fun!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wait! I'm so confused... what are you up to these days?! That is so cool~