Saturday, June 27, 2009

Awesome Race!

I just finished the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll half marathon! It was an awesome race -- a great course and beautiful scenery. We even saw a bald eagle! The day started not so great -- we got stuck in the elevator at our hotel and were trapped in there for 30 minutes before the fire department came and pulled us out. When we were finally free, we had to get a charter car to the start of the race. The race started in the nearby suburb of Tukwila and ended right by Safeco field. More on this later, but I put a little extra Michael Jackson in my race iPod mix, and Thriller was playing right as I crossed the finish. An omen, perhaps? Anyway, we are heading (read: hobbling) out to do some sightseeing soon -- although I would really just like to take a nap. More Seattle to come...

Me, Mom, and Kirby after the race.


No comments: