Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend with Family

We spent an extended weekend in Tulsa to have an early birthday celebration (I'm 30 on the 23rd). We had a very productive weekend, seeing nearly all of our family, and still having time to hang out and enjoy Tulsa, since we don't get back there nearly enough. On Thursday night, John and I had dinner with my dad, which was nice since we hadn't seen him since Christmas. My mom, grandmother, and I had a girls night out on Friday, eating dinner at Sonoma (very yummy) and seeing Mama Mia at the PAC. John's parents were so nice to host a birthday dinner for me on Saturday night. Pancho grilled my fave beef tenderloin, and my mom ordered me an awesome cake from Wanda's bakery. Also, our friend Jim Manhart joined us for the dinner. He just returned from a six year stint in the Czech Republic and is currently living in Oklahoma City. It was so nice to see him, and we are looking forward to hanging out more now that he's stateside.

We had so much fun at home with family, but it's also nice to get back to Chicago and into our routines. Only 3 more days in my twenties...

John, Jim, and me before dinner.

One of John's special artsy shots of the table.

The fake poop that my mom wrapped in a gift (don't worry -- it was there to disguise a real present).

Best. Cake. Ever.

No comments: