Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Happenings and Grammy Party

We had a busy weekend - it might take all week for us to recover. On Saturday night I went out for dinner and drinks with some girlfriends at Old Town Social. The food was excellent! I had a really delicious (gasp!) hamburger, something I rarely eat from restaurants. They also have an extensive wine and beer list as well as a large selection of smoked meats (no thanks). We will have to go back so that John can give it a try.

On Sunday I tried my first CorePower Yoga class. Groupon was having a special for 66% a five week pass, so I thought I would give it a try. Man is it hot in those classes. It felt hotter and more challenging than any Bikram class I've ever attended. I'm going to stick with it, though, if I want to be beach-ready for our upcoming trip to Mexico.

John was recently inducted as a voting member of the Grammys (but too late to vote this year). Since he works for a music label, he is eligible to become a member. So on Sunday night we went to the official Grammy Watch Party at Lincoln Hall. It was a really neat experience. Only other Grammy members and their guests were invited, and we got the same program that the attendees at the actual Grammys received. They broadcasted the show on a big screen while everyone chatted and drank cocktails. A big bonus for the evening was John winning the raffle -- he got a bag full of lots of Grammy swag. I'm surprised he didn't don all of it for work today. It was such a fun experience - I can't wait to do it again next year, when John actually gets to vote for all the nominees!


Live music before the show

On the "red carpet"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I missed this post! What was in the schwag bag, lady? You left out the best details! :)