Saturday, December 8, 2007

Barack Rocks!



Last night John and I attended the Barack Obama Change Rocks event at the Riviera Theater. I wasn't so excited when he told me he got us tickets - those of you who know me well know I'm supporting another candidate - but we had a really great time. Several bands played - a couple of local acts, a couple of guys from Third Eye Blind, Jill Sobule, Macy Gray, and John's favorite band, Wilco. I will say that Barack is a really inspirational man. He has lots of energy and a knack for capturing a crowd. He may have even won me over. He has some really great ideas, respects the Constitution, and is really smart -- three attributes that are absolutely not possessed by the current administration. I know a lot of our family and friends don't particularly share the same views as us, but that's the great thing about being an American - the right to have and speak one's own ideas without shame or retribution. Here are some pictures from the event. We didn't take them - Chris Sweda from the Chicago Sun-Times did.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Oprah likes Obama. Oprah lives in Chicago. Was she there? This is my first ever blog comment post. Woohoo!!