Sunday, August 10, 2008

Half-Marathoners!

About to cross the finish line...

They made it!


My Mom and her longtime friend, Luanne, were in town this weekend for the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon. They are seasoned race-walkers (see post below), and they finished all 13.1 miles in two hours and 43 minutes! That's quite an accomplishment, since some of the racers don't even run that fast. This is their third half marathon this year, and I think that they have at least one more to go. Their fit lifestyle has inspired me to get back in to running -- in fact, I went and bought new running shoes this afternoon and am planning on getting up bright and early tomorrow morning to get started on my new program. Maybe I can start racing, too. I'm still working on getting John to join me in the fun!

No comments: