Sunday, May 16, 2010

Art and Cupcakes

While John headed out to play some golf with his buddy, Jared, I met the girls at the Art Institute for the Matisse exhibit. I've been meaning to go for a month or so, and today was the perfect morning since we got there before it got insanely crowded. We also took a peek at the new Modern Wing, which John and I will have to go and visit more thoroughly another time. After a lunch in the museum cafe, we headed for some cupcakes at Sugar Bliss in the loop. After some cuppies and frosting shots (talk about sugar shock), I headed in to the office to catch up from being out and under the weather in the past week. While this was the prettiest weekend we've had in awhile, I'm hoping for a warm-up for next weekend. A friend will be in town and we are hoping to head out to Lakeview Mayfest for some sangria and 90s cover bands.

Post-frosting shots

No comments: