Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

We just finished up a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with my family. They were so nice to make the drive up here since I can't travel anywhere. We spent the day cooking (more like my mom spent the day cooking - I wasn't as helpful as I had hoped/intended). We tried a couple of new recipes this year - a new turkey recipe and some amazing mashed potatoes by the Pioneer Woman - and both were a hit! We have lots of fun plans for the rest of the weekend while everyone is still in town - Zoo Lights at LP Zoo, Christmas shopping, and some dinners out (hopefully I will have room).

We have lots to be thankful for this year, and are really looking forward to the next couple of weeks, when our lives will be forever changed -- for the better! Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!



Simon is just happy to have some extra laps.

Delish!

The turkey. It was stuffed under the skin with lemons, oranges, and sage. Definitely a keeper!

The fam before dinner.

Big momma eats first

No comments: