Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ten Miles Down, 26.2 to Go

I kicked off my Memorial Day weekend this morning by running the Soldier Field 10 Mile race, the first of three long distance races I have planned for the summer. The course started right outside Soldier Field (where the Bears play) and continued south on Lake Shore Drive, past the Museum of Science and Industry, where we turned around and headed back to the field, finishing on the 50 yard line. John was such a trooper -- he got up with me at 5:30 this morning and waited in the stands for me to finish. I haven't checked my chip time, but I'm not too optimistic -- I had to stop and wait in line for a port-a-potty at mile one, so I was about 8-10 minutes behind schedule.

So far, we don't have too many exciting plans for the holiday weekend. John is playing golf with a friend, and I'm meeting a friend for brunch. Other than that, just lots of relaxing (and a little bit of work - blech). Hope everyone has a fun and relaxing weekend!

All lined up! Over 9,000 runners.


Finished! Congrats!!!

No comments: