Sunday, November 15, 2009

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

No, I definitely did NOT win. But I also did not die, either, so I count that as some sort of victory. We woke up at 5 am to a sweltering (for me) 66 degrees and 94% humidity (translation: swamp). I did pretty well until mile 10, when the humidity started to get the best of me and forced me to walk a bit. Needless to say, I didn't set any personal records today, but that certainly wasn't my goal since I haven't run more than six miles since August 2nd. I have another half in Vegas in three weeks, so I think I can probably improve my conditioning a bit before then and perhaps at least meet the finish times from my summer halfs. John spent the weekend in Nashville at his family reunion, so I don't have any candid pics to share, not that any of them would be any good since I looked such a hot mess when I finished.

No comments: