Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend around the Beck household! I took advantage of a random burst of energy on Saturday and enlisted John in a little spring cleaning. On Saturday night, I met some girlfriends at Paris Club (delish) and then went to see Bridesmaids (hilarious). While I was out with the girls, John and Jim met some friends at Revolution Brewing for dinner and a few beers. I had to work on Sunday (boo!), but I took a break in the afternoon to go to my friend Nicole's daughter's second birthday party. The party was owl-themed, and the decor was totally amazing. Nicole should really quit her day job and start party planning full-time. Everything was personalized -- she had adorable mason jars with owls on them for the punch, little fondant owls on the cupcakes, and even the bottled water had customized "Happy Birthday Ella" labels complete with, you guessed it, owls! We had a really good time watching the kiddos and chatting with friends -- who knew a children's birthday party could be so fun for adults!

We're almost halfway through a really busy week leading up to an even more busy weekend. My mom is coming in town, so we have lots of fun activities planned. This weekend can't get here soon enough!

Here are some pics from Ella's party. I hope my future children never see the pics from this party because their parties will never be this professional!

Adorable mason jars for the punch.

Look closely and you will see the dessert bar. I put a serious dent in that.

The birthday girl enjoying her cake in semi-privacy.

The yummy spread

No comments: