Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

My mom was in town for the holiday weekend, so we had lots of fun activities planned. I had not seen her since January - which is a lifetime record for me - so it was great to have her in town! John and I both ditched work on Friday and went to the Cubs game. Every single Cubs game we have attended has been totally arctic to the point that we've never made it past the 7th inning stretch, and Friday's game was no exception. It was seriously in the 40s in our shaded seats - definitely not cool for May 27th!

On Saturday we went to high tea at The Drake. We've taken my mom for tea several times and it's always delicious! We rounded out the weekend with an awesome dinner at Friendship Chinese Restaurants, one of our new favorites.

All in all we had a fun weekend and are not ready to head back to work tomorrow!

Mom and me before the game (and before we froze to death)

Brrr. John was smart and wore his winter coat. I was not.

We had awesome seats - right behind home plate!

Mom and I at tea.


No comments: