Friday, April 6, 2012

4 Month Letter

Dear Henry,
The past month has been a time of major "firsts" for you: first time to roll over, first belly laugh, first poop that made me gag and nearly vomit. You are growing so fast that we can hardly keep up! In fact, when we were at the doctor for a little checkup last week, you weighed 15 lbs, 5 oz - so big!

You continue to love day care. You are all smiles the minute we walk in the door to your classroom. My favorite part of the day is when we come to pick you up. I just love to pop in and see what you are doing without you even realizing I'm there. Then you finally catch sight of me and break into the biggest smile ever!

You're still not an awesome napper at home, but you're sleeping longer every night and have started to be able to put yourself to sleep. I love listening to you talk to yourself as you're falling asleep, literally cooing until the point that you're knocked out. You have the sweetest little voice, and your talking is a combination of little coos and a funny staticky noise you make with your mouth, all with a huge slobbery smile!

Your dad and I learn something new about being parents every day. Sometimes we make it through the day feeling like we've triumphed over the hurdles, and some days we feel like we just can't win. But the good news is that we are all still standing (or in your case, at least holding your head up) at the end of each day. Thanks for being so forgiving, and I can't wait to continue this adventure with you.

Love,
Mommy

His own seat on a plane - such a big boy!




I came to pick him up at day care the other day and walked in on him wearing this! I guess his teachers were having a bit of a laugh at his expense, but I find this pic hysterical, too!


In a Polo shirt, just like dad!

No comments: