Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6 Month Letter

Dear Henry,

Yesterday you officially turned six months old.  It seems like just the other day that I was writing your five month letter -- how on earth did the last month pass so quickly?  Oh wait, I think it just might have had something to do with us packing up our lives and moving 700 miles (696 to be exact) to Tulsa just three short weeks ago.  To say the move has been disruptive to your schedule is a huge understatement.  However, you seem so happy to have all the love and attention from our family here in Tulsa.  We made this move primarily for you, and you are showing us that it was truly the right thing to do.

I know I've been saying this at every age since you turned three months, but this is really my favorite stage of your life so far (the first three months were just no fun for either of us, and you might as well admit it).  You eat pureed food now, we've been swimming with you, you "fake" laugh and cough, and most recently, you sit up on your own. All these milestones in just a few short weeks! 

I feel like it was just the other day that you were born, but you've been here for half a year already. Not a day goes by that I am not incredibly grateful for you - you are truly a gift, and I still want to pinch myself to make sure you aren't just a dream.  So tonight, when I put you to bed, I squeezed you a little bit harder. Because I love you so much, and because I could.

Love,
Mommy





No comments: