Thursday, May 2, 2013

April in Review

Or is it "revue"? Nope, pretty sure it's "review" unless we are talking about a chorus line, which we most definitely are not.

April was pretty crazy. So crazy, in fact, that I did not have time to post much, even though there were lots of happenings to post about.  We started the month with my continuing attempts at living up my NY resolution to be more social.  A friend and I went to Tatas and Tinis, a fun pink martini-themed event benefiting Oklahoma Project Woman.  It was a great event, and I will definitely plan on going back next year.  A couple of days later, John and I went to another alcohol-themed event (because we are clearly driven to drink) at the Cain's Ballroom called Mix, benefiting Philbrook Museum. It was a mixology contest among some of Tulsa's more notable bartenders, and the people watching was excellent, especially after the event-goers had had an opportunity to partake in some of the contestants' wares.

The second weekend of April, I accompanied my mom and some friends to a great food and wine event at OSU in Stillwater -- Of Wine, Women and the West. The highlight of the event (for me, at least) was getting to see Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, in the flesh. I love love love her recipes, and she has a great sense of humor.  We also had the opportunity to taste some really great wines from a Napa vineyard owned by an Oklahoman.  All of that day drinking led to a nice nap in the car on the way home.

The last weekend in April we took a little road trip to KC for a sweet friend's baby shower.  This entailed me skipping the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon, and while I'm still very disappointed in myself for not running, I'm glad I got to spend some time with some of my awesome college friends. We also introduced Henry to John's aunt, uncle, and cousin - so it was a fun friends and family weekend all around.  And did I mention that we got to go to Trader Joe's? Oh, how I took this place for granted when we lived in Chicago and the closest TJ's was a mere mile away. My shopping experience was pure bliss and quite possibly (not really) the highlight of our weekend away.  Henry still has some improving to do before I will feel joy at taking him on a road trip again.

We hope to be better at posting in May - we've got lots of fun stuff on the schedge so far, which makes for great blog material (because let's face it, our everyday lives are just about as interesting as watching the grass grow).

We took Henry to Woodward Park in an attempt to get some cute pics of him. Unfortunately all he wanted to do was run away from us. Fast.

Henry playing games at a cousin's birthday party. It was out in the country and he kept running to see the cows.

Steph came in town and we did a little celebrating of some fun stuff going on in her life right now. Although, she's 23, so everything she does sounds fun to me.

Microscopic Pioneer Woman. She was hilarious!

Sara, Leigh, and me at Leigh's shower. She is going to be the best momma!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Oh, love your pics. Miss you!