Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Morning at Guthrie Green

Oh, poor sad lonely blog! It's been forever since we posted, despite our constant promises to do better.  June just totally flew by - I can't believe that tomorrow is July 1st! I guess time flies when you're having fun, or when you're not, in our case.  All three of us have been sick -- John and I with the most violent stomach bug either of us have ever had (glad I shared, I bet), and Henry with both a stomach bug and a mystery virus that my mom (in all her medical expertise) has diagnosed as roseola. Henry is set to have tubes put in his ears on Tuesday, so this roseola better hit the road. Fast.

We had a brief period of time this morning when everyone was feeling rosy, so we headed down to check out the Sunday Market at Guthrie Green. Guthrie Green opened up about a year ago, and until this morning, we had yet to go and check it out to see what all the fuss was about.  GG is a really great urban gathering space, something that I hadn't really experienced since leaving Chicago. Today was Sunday Market day, so I imagine the vibe was a bit different than most weekdays. The crowd was the perfect mix of yuppies, retirees, young families, and dirty hippies. There's a stage for live music, a fantastic splash pad for the kiddos, expansive green space, and a pavilion for activities, which today as an outdoor Zumba class.  Henry had a blast - he had lots of space to run around and lots of people to look at (he took a special interest in the Zumba-ers). John was especially pleased by the market vendor selling vinyl. Great. I thought we had escaped that when we moved.

The verdict: Guthrie Green is awesome. I'm so proud of Tulsa for having a place like this, and we can't wait to go back and play next weekend!

Mesmerized by the Zumba class

Posing for a pic/restraining Henry from joining the Zumba class

Checking out the gardens

Vendors


No comments: