Sunday, November 11, 2012

November Rain

I'm probably in the minority, but to me there's nothing better than a gloomy, cold, and rainy November Sunday, which is exactly what we had today. And it was perfect napping weather, which was evident by Henry's two and a half hour morning nap (and the two hour nap that his nap allowed me to take).  I spent yesterday at a work retreat in Arkansas, and although I had the option of spending the night, my ride and I agreed that we would rather sleep in our own beds. So, at 11:30 p.m. we began the 2-plus hour drive back to Tulsa, which got me home around 2 am -- way later than I've been awake in years!

I cannot recall ever visiting Arkansas, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Our retreat was in Fayetteville, the home of University of Arkansas, and it was just plain gorgeous! The leaves were all turning on campus, and there was lots of hustle and bustle along the cute downtown area where all the college kids go to drink themselves silly on the weekends. (I never did that. Never.)

My being gone to the retreat meant that John was on solo Henry duty.  So naturally he spent the day at his mom's house.  Henry enjoyed the time spent at Mimi's, and John got some great shots of Henry in the fall leaves before they turned into a soggy mess in today's rain.

We are both heading into a super busy week. John has a big deadline this week, and I have to speak at a CLE (freaking out). So it was nice to spend the day in a low-key way -- hanging around the house and staying out of the rain.

Family time! David came in town for a short visit, so we of course had to take advantage of the photo op. Baby Theo's face continues to be shrouded in secrecy. Kind of like Michael Jackson's kids and those veils.

Henry was not sure of the leaves.


No comments: