Every second of the trip was packed with some activity or another. The highlights:
- Met my friend, Lauren's, adorable twin boys. They are way adorable in pics but they are even cuter in person. So glad I finally got to meet those precious boys!
- Had dinner with my friend (and former assistant), Patrick. Miss.Him.So.Much.
- My old firm let me crash their bi-monthly attorney lunch. Instead of talking about boring law stuff, we caught up on the past eight months and let me share stories about my shenanigans in Tulsa. Wish I could have brought all of them back in my suitcase!
- John visited his old office a couple of times, and had lunch with his boss at a real live taco place (still looking for one here - will probably be looking forever).
- I met my brunch group for a delicious dinner at Balena. The food and drinks were great, but the company and conversation were even better. It was as if I never left - miss you girls more than ever!
- John met up with Jeff Knight, Danny Vallejos, and Jim Manhart for dinner and drinks. Such a bummer for him that three of his best friends live in Chicago (especially since Jeff moved back just as we were moving and Danny moved there a few weeks ago). But it just gives us another excuse to visit more often!
- Hit up lots of our favorite places, including Opart Thai with Scott and Steph.
|Jeff, Jim, Danny, and me - I crashed their guys night. Couldn't resist!|
|Patrick and me in Patrick's cube (also known as the scene of many a crazy work moment).|
|Meg, me, Lauren, and Molly at Berger Schatz. I hung out there all day. I'm surprised they didn't call security to remove me.|
|At Belena with the girls. Miss them!|