Wednesday, September 5, 2012

9 Months!

Dear Henry,
Today you turned nine months old.  You have now been living outside my belly for as long as you lived in it.

Every day you are less of a tiny baby and more of a little boy.  You are incredibly curious, and once you set your mind to discovering something, there is no talking you out of it.  You still don't crawl, but you do scoot on your belly, which works just as well for you.  I blink and you are halfway across the room.  Needless to say, we babyproofed the house immediately!

You recently started pulling yourself up to standing, and I feel like you will start walking sooner than later.  While I'm happy for this progress, it makes me a little sad, as this is just one more step (no pun intended) toward you growing up.

One of my favorite parts of the day continues to be when I see you for the first time after work, whether it's picking you up at day care or coming home a little late while your dad has already started your dinner.  You are always so happy to see me, and your precious smile just lights up the room, not to mention melts my heart.

Love you to the moon and back.

Mommy

The baby cage: part of our recent babyproofing efforts.

What? Can't I wear bear booties in 100 degree weather?

Miniature John.  Looking more and more like his dad every day.

We love bath time! (PS - our bathtub is not dirty, I promise. Just needs to be reglazed.)

No comments: