Sunday, March 24, 2013

Henry's First Haircut

Henry got his first little haircut on Saturday. It was just a little bit of a bang trim - no way am I cutting those curls anytime soon!  He handled it like a champ. Not really. Every time we go someplace where we receive a service, be it the shoe store, or in this case the salon, Henry thinks that the person helping us is going to give him a shot. So he cries hysterically until it's clear that he's not getting poked with any needles. We went to my stylist, Abby Fisher, and she took the whole fiasco quite well. Like a true new mom, I saved his hair in a little baggie, for what future purpose I have no clue.

The rest of our weekend was pretty uneventful - the haircut was the highlight. We ran a bunch of errands, I did a bunch of laundry, Henry headbutted me in the nose so hard that it bled and still hurts like crazy.  The usual.

Perhaps the other, slightly less momentous, highlight of the weekend was the completion of the painting in our house. When we moved in, we had the entire downstairs painted. At the time, I didn't have the sanity to extend the project even further, to include the upstairs, so we just left it at that. A few weeks ago, the banister in the stairway fell off the wall, and the repairs required some painting.  I figured that while I had the painter out doing that, I might as well have him repaint and trim the entire upstairs, as well as paint the front door.  So for the past two weeks, we've been confined to the downstairs - meaning no playroom for Henry, which made me think I might lose my mind.  Fortunately, the painters finished just in time, and we now have our upstairs and playroom back. Henry loves it, we love it, all is good. Pictures to come (when I get around to taking them).

The before: Happy as a clam, but blinded by his super-long bangs

During: OMG this lady is going to kill me

Well, maybe this isn't so bad after all

After: Still a little uncertain, but super handsome

Fully recovered and wreaking havoc at the salon




No comments: