Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Knit One, Purl Two

John's sister, Stephanie, and I have been taking knitting classes at a neat little knitting shop in North Center called Knit 1. The idea of knitting came to me while one vacation in Mexico. I wanted to come up with activities in which to fill my evenings. That way, if I had a commitment, I would also have the perfect excuse to leave work and do something for myself rather than stay chained to my desk.

We have mastered most of the basic stuff -- knit stitch, purl stitch, casting on, binding off -- but I recently started working on my first real "project": a scarf. I am not a crafty person, so the fact that I have nearly knitted a scarf is a big deal (at least to me). It's made of alpaca, and I'm knitting it on size 15 needles, so it's going to be sort of chunky. I only have a few classes left, but I think this is something I will continue.

My magnum opus

No comments: