Sunday, April 19, 2009

Laughing Out Loud on the El


I am in the middle of a really great book, It Sucked and Then I Cried by my fave blogger, Heather D. Armstrong. John and I have been avid readers of Armstrong's blog, Dooce for a few years now. She's a talented and witty author, and her new book does not disappoint. The book chronicles her pregnancy with her daughter, Leta, her battles with depression, and a brief stint in a mental hospital after her daughter's birth. While Armstrong acknowledges the seriousness of her depression, she recounts her experiences with entertaining sarcasm and wit. I often find myself laughing out loud during my morning commute at her tales of baby poop and how the most common word in new mothers' vocabulary is 'boob.' Heather is a really great mom, and I've enjoyed this closer look at her early parenthood experiences.

No comments: